Custom Search

Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Name is Hope!

In a world of constant change, instant everything, I need a tool to help me remember the cyclical nature of life and personal growth. Time is a flowing river that I travel through, in order to remember who I am. Caught in one part of the river called linear time, I see life as a challenge that has a beginning and an end. I live in the middle part of this river and live only what I can feel through my five senses. Unaware of other aspects of the river I feel separated from the source of its energy. I find myself paddling harder and harder to get to the end where there is a beach of perfection, forgetting that I don't need to paddle at all to find what I'm looking for; it is right where it has always been, within me.

Digging through the sand of my river I discover many things that help me on my journey; there are all sorts of remedies to ease the pain I experience and feel most of the time. Usually I use something that quickly puts my mind in a better thought and I go on with my travels acting like I am complete. Off course there is that faint voice that keeps calling me to remember something that seems so near yet so far away. I avoid it, because it does not fit into the suitcase of beliefs I acquired traveling down my linear branch of the river. I ignore it until at one point, the river changes and I'm face with a choice that will alter the course I take and what I will experience.

This change throws me out of the boat and my suitcase of beliefs is opened and they sink to the bottom of the river. I am in a state of fear and I reach for the nearest branch to pull me to safety. The branch breaks and I find myself with nothing but my inner voice that is softly whispering to me: "My name is Hope, and I am your boat."

Suddenly I stop struggling and listen to Hope and the current of the river takes me to a bank of reality where I step on the shore of perfection. This shore is not perfection meaning final, the end, or the greatest; it is the shore of appreciation. I start to see myself as more than human; more than matter, I see my true self and a beam of light warms my body and mind in a magical way. I look up and down, side to side and see the other parts of the river that were hidden from my perspective by my thoughts of fear. The river has so many parts, each one waiting for me to experience when I'm ready.

Sitting on the bank with my feet soaking in the river of life, I remember something that Hope whispered to me when I feared for my linear life:

I bathe myself in generosity,
Appreciation,
Praise and gratitude for my fellow beings and all life,
Self-acceptance for my thoughts in life,
With enlightened understanding of my life experiences.
Each experience brings me closer to the bank of love
Where I never left
I just forgot where it was.

So my travels continue and my experiences bring me generosity, appreciation and love. I no longer feel alone or separated. Hope is with me; so are all the angels that journey with me. I now know I am here to be a grander version of a spirit having a human experience and I do it with gratitude and respect for all consciousness.

Howard (Hal) Thomas Manogue, was born in Philadelphia, and is a forerunner to the Indigo children, a now age term for misfit with an intuitive nature, a desire to know his truth with a gift of giving and sharing. Hal retired from the shoe industry after 35 years of sole searching, and discovered his real soul.

He enjoys art, music, philosophy, psychology, nature and people.

His poems have been published by: Mystic Pop Magazine, Children Of The New Earth Magazine, New Age Tribune, Seasons Of The Soul Newsletters, Lightship News and Writers In The Sky Newsletters. His essays can be found on Hal's Blog and Website: http://halmanogue.blogspot.com/

http://www.shortsleeves.net

He lives in Franklin Tennessee.

Hal's new book Short Sleeves Insights: Live A Ordinary Life In An Non-Ordinary Way will be in print in April. Visit any bookstore or Hal's website to get a copy. Hal's third Collection Of poetry: Short Sleeves A Book For Friends will also be in print in April.

No comments: