Custom Search

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Believe That You Have Whatever You Want

Words can be very tricky things at times.

The trouble is that certain words that are used a lot get loaded up with extra meanings and associations, so that they have to be used with great care, if they can even be used at all. For example, if I start talking about God, I may well be pretty sure what I mean, but, since you have a lot of things associated with the word, you may well hear something quite different from what I intend. A word like "God" tends to have some very powerful and emotive associations, so as to make it almost useless for any meaningful discussion, unless there is a clear agreement about exactly what it means to the people in the discussion.

Advertisers use this phenomenon of word association to help sell their product. They call it "branding."

I mention it because if I say something like, "If I pray to God in faith, then God will certainly give me exactly what I pray for," I've already lost at least half the audience, who now probably think I'm some kind of religious nut. But that's just the word associations of the highly charged words I'm using.

So if I say this instead, "If I ask the Universe to supply me with something that is on my list of desires, and I put the focus of my thoughts into vibrational alignment with that desire being fulfilled, then the Universe will respond to my vibration by the Law of Attraction to bring me what I ask for."

Putting it in this way is still quite highly charged, but less so. It is much easier to get the actual meaning of it, rather than the "branded" meaning.

But, and this is the point, both sentences mean the same thing!

So why is it important? For two reasons. One, you need to be able to put your requests in a way that feels comfortable for you. Two, you need to put your requests in such a way as not to introduce any shadow of doubt that they will be fulfilled.

So if you want something amazing to happen to you, or to the world, it is essential that when you ask for it, you believe and do not doubt. It is your doubt that prevents it from happening.

"If you want to change the world, change yourself first."

The author writes for "Success is not just about Money" the blog dedicated to helping a million people to learn how to create their own reality. Visit http://positivehighenergy.blogspot.com

No comments: